I’m not doing brilliantly with this, having already come to the table of contents reveal late, but yesterday I received final proofs for my story “Nothing Beside Remains”, which will be featuring in the anthology Infinite Science Fiction One. It looks beautiful — and so does the cover art for the anthology.
Unforgivably, I seem to have missed the announcement by publisher Infinite Acacia of the table of contents for their upcoming anthology Infinite Science Fiction One the other week. Why is it unforgivable? Because my story “Nothing Beside Remains” is one of those which will be gracing its pages!
I’ve had the pleasure of working with a fantastically enthusiastic and attentive editor getting this story ready for publication, and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m not sure of a release date yet, but I’ll post it as soon as I hear. In the meantime, here are the awesome writers I will be sharing pages with:
- “Real” by Janka Hobbs
- “By the Numbers” by Tim Major
- “Tin Soul” by Elisabeth Bannon
- “Six Minutes” by P. Anthony Ramanauskas
- “Matchmaker” by John Walters
- “The Wedding” by Nick Hilbourn
- “Slow”by Jay Wilburn
- “Gospel Of” by Rebecca Ann Jordan
- “The Silent Dead” by Dan Devine
- “Nothing Beside Remains” by Matthew S. Dent
- “The Night with Stars” by William Ledbetter
- “Butterflies” by Doug Tidwell
- “Rolling by in the Moonlight” by Liam Nicholas Pezzano
- “Infinity” by J.B. Rockwell
Yes, it’s been a while since I posted one of these. But my story “Nothing Beside Remains” is going to be published in the anthology Infinite Science Fiction, from Brussels-based publisher Infinite Acacia.
This is a particularly short piece, of science-fiction, set on the dusty red plains of Mars. It has an interesting personal background and source of inspiration, which I will look forward to go into a little closer to the publication date. But for now it’s nice just to be able to revel in the prospect of my words being manifested in print.
It’s a nice feeling.